It’s time to get in the Holiday spirit! Local organizations are working hard to offer FREE holiday meals for those in need. If you don’t have a Holiday meal this year, or you know of anyone that needs help, there are many resources available! Learn more about how to Stretch Your Budget with Vermont Food Programs and read below to find a FREE holiday meal near you. Additional information will be added as we learn more, so be sure to check back.
For more information about how you can help to keep your Vermont neighbors fed, visit Hunger Free Vermont and the Vermont Foodbank.
- 504 Main Street, Castleton, Vermont 05735
- Contact: Lyn Petty (802) 468-5101 [email protected]
- December food boxes are going out to residents in the Castleton area.
- Must be signed up to receive a box
Vermont Everyone Eats
- Locations: Vermont Farmers Food Center – 251 West St, Rutland
- List of Distribution Sites
- Open to the public
Poultney United Methodist Church
- 108 Main Street
- Contact Bruce Parker with questions at (518) 642-2120
- Second Saturday of each month – free community meal
- 4:30-6 pm
- Last Saturday of each month – free community breakfast
- 8:00-10:00 am
- First come first served – open to the community.
- Dine in or take out.
Holiday Meal at the Open Door Mission
- 31 Park St, Rutland, VT
- (802) 775-5661
- Sit-down Holiday meal on Friday, December 23rd at noon. Everyone is welcome.
- The Mission is now serving three meals a day, which are all open to the public. Learn more at Open Door Mission
Mill River Union School District
- Contact: Mary Colvin [email protected]
- Holiday boxes in December for families in the Mill River Union School District. Towns include Tinmouth, Clarendon, Wallingford, and Shrewsbury.
Fair Haven Concerned
- 49 Main St, Fair Haven, VT 05749
- Contact: (802) 265-3666
- For residents of the area, first come first served food boxes. Please call for more information.
Rutland County Parent Child Center
- Holiday food boxes available in December
- Must participate in at least one RCPCC program, be a household with a minor child or a house with a pregnant parent
- Sign up for the food pantry program or call (802)775-9711
Pittsford Food Shelf
- 4181 US St-7
- Contact: (802)725-0220
- Holiday baskets available upon request with an appointment
- Serving residents from Pittsford, Proctor, Florence, and Chittenden