Southwestern VT Council on Aging - Meals on Wheels
Address: East Ridge Professional Bldg., 1085 US Rte. 4E. Unit 2B, Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 786-5990
- Helps individuals 60+ meet the challenges of aging by providing meal support, case management, information and assistance plus making connections to other Vermont resources.
GENERAL HEALTH Services:
ARC - Rutland Area
Address: 128 Merchants Row, Suite 302, Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 775-1370
- Advocacy, Resource and Community programs for citizens with developmental disabilities and their families; focus on full community participation and rights to lifelong personal growth.
Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice of the Southwest Region
Address: 7 Albert Cree Drive, Rutland, VT 05701
- VNAHSR is a non-profit, Medicare-certified, home health and hospice agency delivering a wide-range of advanced medical care with compassion, dependability, and expertise to people of all ages.
Address: PO Box 6033, Rutland, VT 05702
Phone: (802) 775-5884
- Assists people living with and at risk of HIV/AIDS through direct support services, HIV education, testing, and prevention.
Epilepsy Foundation of Vermont
Address: Gryphon Bldg., Rm 209, 56 1/2 Merchants Row, Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 775-1686
- Provides services for families affected by epilepsy, schools, professionals, and the general public.
Rutland Free Clinic
Address: 145 State Street, Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 775-1360
- The Rutland Free Clinic (RFC) exists to provide medical and dental care free of charge to vulnerable Vermonters in Rutland County who have no health insurance.
Vermont Psychiatric Survivors
Address: 128 Merchants Row, Suite 606 | Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 775-6834
- An independent, survivor-run organization providing information, education and technical assistance regarding issues of mental health.
Rutland County Head Start
Address: 78 Meadow Street (PO Box 222), Rutland, VT 05702
Phone: (802) 775-8225
- A comprehensive school-readiness and family service program for low-income preschool-age children and their families. Full day services available with wrap-around childcare.
Vermont Catholic Charities, Inc.
Address: 1 Howe Scale Ave Bldg 3 Suite 209, Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 773-3379
- Vermont Catholic Charities is a statewide social service organization that provides support services to individuals, families and the elderly.
The Compassionate Friends
Address: 493 RT 140 W, Tinmouth, VT 05773
Phone: (802) 446-2278
- A self-help organization offering friendship, understanding and hope to bereaved parents and families.
Child First Advocacy Center (CFAC)
Address: 59-67 Merchant's Row in The Opera House, Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 747-0200
- Provides child sexual abuse prevention and response through a supportive environment and team approach to prevention, investigation, treatment and prosecution.
- Prevent Child Abuse Vermont offers nine free statewide prevention programs, including family support programs and child sexual abuse prevention programs.
The Mentor Connector
Address: 88 Park Street, PO Box 1617, Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 775-3434
- Rutland County's youth mentoring program. We provide professionally supported mentor relationships to empower and assist vulnerable youth to build goals, character and skills.
The Carving Studio
Address: 636 Marble Street West Rutland, VT 05777
Phone: (802) 438 2097
- The Carving Studio & Sculpture Center inspires people of all ages to create three-dimensional art on the grounds of Vermont’s historic West Rutland marble quarries.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION & TREATMENT Services:
Evergreen Substance Abuse Services
Address: 135 Granger Street, Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 747-3588
- Evergreen Substance Abuse Services at Rutland Mental Health provides affordable compassionate and state of the art Outpatient/Intensive Outpatient treatment to the residents of Vermont.
Rutland Dismas House
Address: 103 Park Ave., Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 775-5539
- Dismas of Vermont has been providing transitional housing for men and women in Rutland leaving Vermont prisons for over 25 years.
- Person-centered, evidence-based treatment at the inpatient residential, transitional, and outpatient levels of substance abuse care - to include Serenity House, Grace House, and MAT.
Rutland County Court Diversion and Restorative Justice Center, Inc.
Address: 50 Center Street, Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 775-2479
- Utilizes screening tools and supports victims of crime and the community to respond to criminal charges and/or civil violations that our participants receive.
BASIC NEEDS/HOUSING Services:
Fair Haven Concerned, Inc.
Address: 73 Main Street, Fair Haven, VT 05743
Phone: (802) 265-3666
Visit us on Facebook
- FHC identifies and assists with needs, referrals, and advocates for residents primarily in Fair Haven, West Haven, and Benson; secondary population served is Rutland County.
The Salvation Army
Address: 1 Scale Ave Building 12A, Rutland VT 05701
Phone: (802) 775 5150
- The Salvation Army is committed to doing the most good for the most people in the most need. The nation's largest faith-based charity, The Salvation Army serves 30 million people each year through a broad array of social services.
Rutland Community Cupboard
Address: 65 River St Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 747 6119
- Rutland Community Cupboard provides food assistance to our local community members in need, five days a week.
BROC - Community Action In Southwestern Vermont
Address: 45 Union Street, Rutland, VT 05701
Phone: (802) 775-0878
- An anti-poverty agency offering a broad scope of programs, services, and opportunities to help move people from crisis to stabilization to self-sufficiency.
Address: 16 Park Row #4, Rochester, VT 05767
Phone: (802) 767-3416
- Providing affordable, congregate housing with meals and housekeeping to independent seniors, while serving as a center for valley activities.